Serving the people of Walla Walla as a community information and lifelong learning center, the Walla Walla Public Library acquires, organizes, provides, and promotes informational, educational, recreational, and cultural materials for people of all ages.
THE LIBRARY'S HISTORY
In 1905, the Walla Walla Public Library opened the doors of a new building built by funding from Andrew Carnegie. The Library outgrew the Carnegie Building and moved into its present location in 1970. Since that time, the Library has continued to grow. In 2006, a Children's addition was completed. Today the Library circulates over 250,000 items annually, including books, cds, dvds, and magazines.