All City recreation programs cancelled or delayed until April 24
Effective immediately, all Walla Walla Parks & Recreation programs are cancelled or delayed through Friday, April 24. Decisions regarding the resumption or beginning of these programs will be made at a later date.
We did not take this decision lightly, and have made it in the best interest of the health of our staff and the Walla Walla community. The program cancellation is being enacted to help prevent the potential transmission of COVID-19 in our community, and due to Gov. Jay Inslee’s order that all schools be closed for six weeks.
As follows is a list of the programs being cancelled or delayed:
- All programs taking place at Carnegie, 109 S. Palouse St., including yoga, fencing, art classes, ukulele lessons, tai chi, and the Pottery Painting Studio are cancelled through April 24. A schedule will be developed to resume these programs when health authorities advise it is safe to do so.
- Blue Mountain Girls Softball: Mini-camps, jamboree, games, and practices are cancelled through April 24.
- Blue Mtn Pre-Teeball: The start of the program has been delayed until after April 24.
- Warrior Soccer Academy: The start of the program has been delayed until after April 24.
- Adult Co-ed Soccer: The start of the program has been delayed until after April 24.
Please visit our website at www.wwpr.us for updated information regarding recreation programs as it becomes available. If you have questions, feel free to contact the Parks & Recreation Office at 509-527-4527 or firstname.lastname@example.org.