Empowering our community with the tools to grow, connect and imagine.
The Library's History
In 1905, the Walla Walla Public Library opened the doors of a new building built by funding from Andrew Carnegie. The Library outgrew the Carnegie Building and moved into its present location in 1970. Since that time, the Library has continued to grow. In 2006, a children's addition was completed and in 2013 a media lab was constructed. Today the Library circulates over 350,000 items annually, including books, eBooks, CDs, DVDs, and magazines.